Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sewing: Dust Ruffle


When we built our house in NC and painted our master bedroom yellow I had in my mind's eye a yellow and blue floral print that I wanted for pillow shams and a dust ruffle. I was never able to find that floral print but, I was able to find this seashell print. So, four years ago I found a pattern with tailored rather than frilly pieces and made the pillow shams. The rest of the fabric and the pattern sat in my guest/sewing room (in two houses) until now. Why you ask? The dust ruffle did not have a pattern, instead I had to measure and cut. The math intimidated me and so I didn't do it! One day I dug out the material, the yardstick and threaded my machine. It didn't take long at all and it really wasn't that complicated, I had made it way harder in my head. Now, I have a dust ruffle to hide those dust bunnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment