Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wild Turkeys





Monday morning as I finished packing Daddy's car for the work week in SD and shut the door I heard an odd noise, it didn't sound like a pheasant, more like a turkey but I didn't have any turkeys in the barn. Oh well, perhaps a young pheasant or a couple of them fighting over a hen. I went into the house and peeled a grapefruit and as I was walking by the kitchen window I glanced out to see a rafter of wild turkeys. They walked across the yard, crossed the driveway and wandered down the front field toward the road, we woke the children, took pictures and Daddy used the turkey call. They crossed the road and then came back when Daddy called to them. After a bit they meandered through the State land across the road. We surmised that the flooding along the rivers has driven them up out of the river bottoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment