Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy 44th Birthday R!



We had supper and chocolate frosted chocolate cupcakes to celebrate before R and the boys went to Scouts. Later he opened his gift, a backpack style decoy bag that will hold 24 mallards. The boys think we have 25, we'll squeeze that last one in. Once upon a time we did have a bag for those decoys, still have it in fact but it is so full of holes the decoys fall out as fast as you put them in. The rats in our old barn thought the mesh made wonderful nesting material, yuck! I think I caught R saying "cheese" in the photo, his mouth is open. I currently have a couple of goofballs when it comes to taking photos so it takes a few extra shots to get one where everyone is looking at the camera. . .Yes, H is wearing huge, gaudy, gold toned clip on earrings.
Something to think about: when Roger and I first started dating it was spring of 1985. In June of 1985 we had a birthday party for my Dad. When asked how old he was, my Dad would always say 39. That year for his birthday we got him a green t-shirt that said 44 on the back because he was 44. R is the same age as my Dad was when we first started dating. Ponder that for a while. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment