Thursday, May 13, 2010

H rides her bike WITHOUT training wheels!

I went to a yard sale(Saturday morning) and picked up a small bike out of a free pile, I thought it might be a bmx bike. The boys have been looking for one they like to try the BMX track in our town. It was not a BMX bike but C could use it in a couple years. Somehow H and S decided they could use the little bike to teach H how to ride without training wheels. S did a great job coaching H and running along behind her holding onto the seat. H did a great job not giving up even when she crashed. By Sunday H was riding the little bike by herself and started to ride S's bike. On Monday K took the training wheels off of H's bike and she rode! When I got home from spinning class she asked me to get my camera and this is what she showed me! While I was at spinning class she and Daddy had gone for a ride down our road! Daddy and I are so proud of her hard work and effort!



Endnote: Remember H who is 10 years old has right hemiplegic cerebral palsy due to a stroke at birth, has had heel cord release surgery on her right foot and wears a brace on her right foot and leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment